What is the Diff between Xmodem/Ymodem

Jon Eckhardt jte at psuvax1.UUCP
Sat Dec 27 05:24:10 AEST 1986

Now, one question for all of you guys who know your communication
packages.  What is the difference between Xmodem/Ymodem/Umodem/Kermit.
Which one do you guys think is the best of all of them and most versitile.
If this conversation gets real big I guess I could post a summary but I have
never done that before.  Thanks in advance for any info you can give me
or the net on this topic.

Jon Eckhardt                  | jte at psuvax1.BITNET
736 W. Hamilton Ave.          | jte at psuecl.BITNET (VMS account)
State College, PA  16801      | jte at psuvaxg.BITNET (Last resort for bitnet)
      UUCP = <allegra,ihnp4,atcgva,burdvax,purdue>!psuvax1!jte
Phone: 814-237-1901      Thank you!      Work: (leave message) 814-865-9505
---Spelling List---
allegra,ihnp4,atcgva,burdvax,purdue
bitnet
comp.unix.questions,comp.sys.ibm.pc,comp.sys.att,comp.sources.wanted,misc.wanted
Eckhardt
info
jte
Newsgroups