command.com

Fred Gant fdg at sortac.UUCP
Tue Dec 16 04:59:12 AEST 1986

In article <159 at ole.UUCP> yanagida at ole.UUCP (Bruce A. Yanagida) writes:

>       I have  two problems  with  command.com on  my ATT  6300  running
>       MS-DOS v2.11.
>
>       First, I want to have command.com  load from my C: drive  instead
>       of A:.  I have tried putting the line:
>
>       SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:512 /P
>
>       in my config.sys file.  I also put the line:
>
>       SET COMSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM
>
>       in my autoexec.bat file.
>--
>
>Bruce A. Yanagida
>Seattle Silicon
>3075 112th Ave NE
>Bellevue, WA  98004
>(206)-828-4422

I must not know the whole story because it is easy to boot from the C (hard
disk) drive on the AT&T PC-6300.  You must first format your hard disk with
the /s option in order to copy the two MS-DOS hidden files on to the hard disk.
This will also copy the command.com file into the root directory.  Now boot
without a disk in drive A and the computer will boot from drive C.  The only
reason I can see for using the SHELL= option is if you put your command.com
file into a different directory, such as \bin.  You would then need to put
the following line in you config.sys file.

	Shell=\bin\command.com

		or

	SHELL=c:\bin\command.com

NOTE:  If you also load you MS-DOS utilities into \bin, you will need to set
your PATH environment.

Fred Gant  (AT&T Network Systems, Atlanta, Ga)
sortac!fdg