Hard Drive Cards For The PC6300 ?

T. J. Mokrzycki tjmok at ihlpf.UUCP
Thu Nov 20 06:27:47 AEST 1986

I currently have an AT&T PC6300 with 2-360k floppy disk drives. I wish
to add a hard drive and am reluctant to give up one of my floppies.
The logical choice is a hard drive mounted on a card. I have called
around to a few mail order places and the prices range from $429 to
$799 for 20 - 30 MB drives.
	Compuadd in Texas has a 30 MB "FLASH CARD" for $495. The only
problem is they cannot guarantee that the PC6300 will boot from it.
Furthermore if it does not and I am forced to return it I'll get
hit with a 15% restocking fee.

	Does anyone out in netland have any experience with a "FASH
	CARD" or any other "hard card" on the PC6300.
	Any help will be greatly appreciated.

					T. J. Mokrzycki
					Bell Labs
					Naperville Ill