6300 Clock & PC-DOS 3.1

jeffm at mmintl.UUCP jeffm at mmintl.UUCP
Wed Feb 4 05:32:18 AEST 1987

*
I too have noticed the 6300 clock problems with PCDOS 3.1 but only recently,
although I have been running it for almost 2 years.  I am on an ethernet
system here at work.  When I brought my machine home the other week I took
3Com's driver, enet.sys, out of config.sys.  Lo and behold, my clock stopped
working automatically.  When I brought the machine back to work and added
enet.sys back in, the clock started working again.  As long as enet.sys is
in there it works.  I'll be leaving it in there even after I retire this
machine! :-)   BTW, I have ROM version 1.21, but the same thing must have
been true with version 1.1 since the clock always worked fine then with PCDOS
3.1.  I also use an Adaptec 2070A controller w/ a Seagate ST238, but this
occurred when I had a WD1002S controlling a CMI 1/2 ht 20 Meg.  I don't
think the controller has any effect but I thought I'd mention it.  BTW BTW,
the Adaptec/Seagate combo is dynamite.

   Strange but true........

     Jeff

        *  Jeff Miller                                  *
        *  Multimate International, an Ashton-Tate Co.  *
        *  52 Oakland Avenue                            *
        *  East Hartford, CT  06108-9911                *
        *  (203) 522-2116 x257                          *
        *  UUCP:                                        *
        * ...!seismo!utah-cs!utah-gr!pwa-b!mmintl!jeffm *