unixpc clock

dave at safari.UUCP dave at safari.UUCP
Fri Feb 27 17:31:15 AEST 1987

> Lately every time I power up my unixpc, the time
> says that famous date (Jan 1, 1970). I thought I
> drained the internal battery, so I left the machine on
> for 2 days, and I still got the result.
>
> Should I replace the battery, leave the system on for
> a long period and hope that will recharge it, or is
> a file missing?? Thanks.
>
> 	Paul Ho    {ihnp4|attunix}!whuts!paul

My understanding is that the battery is a Lithium one and cannot be
recharged.  I think you will need to talk to AT&T about how to go
about having it replaced.

You may just want to leave your machine on rather than having to always
set the time.  Mine has been on almost continuously for a year and a
half (yes, the battery is dead, too).	-dave