Reports on Trailblazer modems (especially with 3B2 and IBM PCs)

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.uucp
Tue Apr 5 04:41:10 AEST 1988

IN article <1072 at neoucom.UUCP>, wtm at neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) wrote:

> I really wonder if the guys at PC Mag actually tested the
> Trailblazer, of if they just read the glossy press release and
> wrote something they thought would sound good.

More likely, Telebit simply didn't buy enough advertising in the issue the
review was in.

Magazine reviews in general are of dubious value.  InfoWorld did a review
of several 80386 machines last fall, including the 16MHz *static* RAM,
no wait state, no refresh, PCs Ltd 386.  They rated it in CPU performance
slower than three or four dynamic RAM designs.  I never figured that out.
To be fair, there was no evidence they were favoring heavy advertisers there.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen       jva at astro.as.utexas.edu         "Live Free or Die"
Home: 512-346-2444 Work: 328-0282; 110 Wild Basin Rd. Ste #230, Austin TX 78746