Systems File for 3b2

Michael T Sullivan sullivan at vsi.UUCP
Wed Apr 20 03:19:31 AEST 1988

In article <559 at vsi.UUCP>, friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
> In article <348 at spock.UUCP>, blyman at spock.UUCP (Bill Lyman ) writes:
> >   Okay I give up. I am trying to get a 3b2310 to call a machine between
> >  1:00 am and 2:00 am in the morning. My System entry is as such.
> > Machine_name 0100-0200 ACU 1200 phone_no _________ etc
>
> This common problem is cause by cron not knowing how to export the
> proper TZ (timezone) environment variable; the default EST5EDT gets
> used.  This can be fixed three ways:

This is wrong (boss :-).  I sent Bill mail on this but I saw this and decided
to post.  The problem is that he needs a day(s) of the week in front of
his time.  Example:

machine	Any0100-0200 ...
machine Wk0100-0200 ...
machine SuMoTu0100-0200 ...

I used to get bitten by this all the time, but I'm catching it now.  If you
forget to put a day(s) of the week it will always be the wrong time to call.

--
Michael Sullivan		{uunet|attmail}!vsi!sullivan
				sullivan at vsi.com
HE V MTL