Signature of ATT 6300 graphics

Jeffrey Miller jeffm at mmintl.UUCP
Fri Apr 15 04:10:33 AEST 1988

In article <682 at leah.Albany.Edu> rds95 at leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) writes:
>    I'm using Turbo C 1.5 to write some purportedly portable (!?)
>programs that include some graphics. My version of TC does not
>autodetect a PC6300Plus adapter/screen as being a 6300, but a cga, even
>    Zo, does anyone know what kind of signature to look for to try
>to identify an ATT as being ATT?

Try looking for "Olivetti" or the machine name somewhere.  I just can't
remember where it's supposed to be although I've run across it before.
It's the same kind of thing Norton, etc. use to attempt to identify the
computer name, such as in Norton's SI.  But you still prpbably need to
make sure the user has not removed his/her ATT video card.  Perhaps you
can just search the BIOS area of memory (>=F000:0) for the string.

Jeff
--
* Jeff Miller:  Ashton-Tate  52 Oakland Ave., E. Hartford, CT  06108-9911  *
* (203) 522-2116 x257  UUCP: ...!seismo!utah-cs!utah-gr!pwa-b!mmintl!jeffm *