7300 uucp trouble with setgetty!

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.UUCP
Mon Apr 11 16:16:54 AEST 1988

In article <10800001 at fthood> egray at fthood.UUCP writes:
>Reference: setgetty getting "lost"
>
>This is a symptom of editing the /etc/inittab file by hand and not
>leaving the space or colon at the begining of the line.

I don't think it's quite this simple.  In my humble opinion setgetty has a
screw or two loose, even if you never touch inittab.  Who wouldn't occasionally
make the mistake:

getoff.sh tty000

instead of what you're supposed to type, which is:

getoff.sh 000

When you make this mistake setgetty seems to hang.  I frankly can't think of
any good excuse for this!  (Let's see now, they have six legs, a head, thorax
and abdomen, entomologists enjoy them immensely ...)
--
 Jim Rosenberg
     CIS: 71515,124                         decvax!idis! \