AT&T 3B1 (SYSV 3.0) with DOS-73 utility question

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Mon Apr 4 07:29:39 AEST 1988

In article <1821 at ssc-vax.UUCP> ray3rd at ssc-vax.UUCP (Ray E Saddler III) writes:
|>Hello;
|>	I'm hoping to help someone find a solution to the following
|>	scenerio:
|>
|>	Steve has an AT&T 3B1 running UNIX SYSV 3.0, and has written
|>	some files in the DOS-73 System.  He wants to copy the files
|>	to the UNIX System area.

|>	Helpful tips and solutions copying DOS files onto the UNIX
|>	filesystem will be greatly appreciated.

Well the DOS-73 coprocessor nicely handles the UNIX Volume.  If you
have the AT&T UNIX PC DOS Coprocessor "Alloy DOS-73(tm)" User's Guide
I point you to page 7-4.  If not here's how you would go about doing that.

First you need to go to "Session Configuration" off the DOS-73 option
from the User Agent.  Then Select 2 drives (if you have one DOS, and the
other one will be UNIX).  If you want more DOS drives, you can select
3 (ie.  add 1 to the # of DOS drives you want).  Then you get to a page
that should say:

	C:			dvd001
	D:			unix

This says that the virtual drive "C:" will be dvd001, and the D: drive
will be the UNIX drive.  This makes it very easy to export files from
the DOS virtual drives to the UNIX filesystem.  There are special contrains
about file structure (ie. CRLF, and number of open files), but that is
detailed in the manual.

Now you can from the C: drive do:

C> D:
D> CD \Filecabinet		<- go to your Filecabinet directory
D> C:
C> COPY *.* D:

There go you!

						-Lenny
--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group        IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S