3B2/600 PANIC message

Vincent Hatem gak at mhuxm.UUCP
Mon Apr 25 01:48:42 AEST 1988

We have a problem with a 3B2/600... We get these crazy PANIC messages.

PANIC: Microbus timeout interrupt 0x3B
PANIC: AIC SANITY TIMEOUT

then it proceeds to dump mainstore to disk.

We have the machine configured with an AIC card and the Remote
Management utiltities, a mulitprocessor, 12MB memory (I'm still
waiting for the last memory card... sigh), and 10 EPORTS cards.

I've removed the AIC card, and the machine seems to be doing OK.
I'm still waiting for it to crash.

Neither of these messages appear in any manual I have, including the
AIC board's manual. Any ideas???

Please respond e-mail to ihnp4!atti01!vch

Thanks,

Vince

--
Vincent Hatem
AT&T International, International Systems Operations, UNIX Technical Support