File Compression Software

Jonathan Sadler sadler at rocky.cs.wisc.edu.CS.WISC.EDU
Sun Apr 10 01:21:58 AEST 1988

In article <8488 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU> ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu.UUCP writes:
>In article <545 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>>ARC compiles fine on a 3b2/400 (SysV r3.0) but fails to read (switch -l)
>>--
>
>How do I get hold of ARC's source code?  I would like to have it running on
>our 3B2/400.

The BSD UNIX source to ARC was posted to comp.sources.unix.  You should be
able to get it from the comp.sources.unix archive site (j.cc.purdue.edu).

I have ported it to run under Sysv, and would be happy to get you a copy.
If you are interessted, please reply stating what medium you would like it
transfered over (UUCP, anonymous FTP, uuencoded compressed archived mail, etc.)

Jonathan Sadler
Systems Administrator (AT&T)
University of Wisconsin - Madison

INTERNET:  sadler at cs.wisc.edu         SNAIL MAIL:  Jonathan Sadler
           sadler at csd4.milw.wisc.edu               2350 Comp Sci + Stat (CSL)
UUCP    :  ...!uwvax!sadler                        University of Wisconsin
           sadler at uwvax.UUCP                       Madison, WI 53706
BELL NET:  (608) 262-2389      "For amongst all people there is injustice."