Single-DOS-user software licenses on multi-DOS-user '386 machines?

Rahul Dhesi dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP
Sat Apr 30 05:26:03 AEST 1988

                           LICENSE AGREEMENT
By reading this article, you are agreeing to send me $50,000.

In article <1053 at woton.UUCP> riddle at woton.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle ) writes:
>...if
>we intend to run multiple sessions of generic IBM-PC/DOS applications
>programs on a 6386, are we obligated to buy multiple copies?
>...Do most license
>agreements cover this question, or are we in unexplored territory?

Software license agreements for microcomputers (the shrink-wrap type)
have no legal validity that anybody has ever found in case law.
Copyright law applies, and I suspect that copyright law says nothing
about multiple sessions.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi