MSDOS environment size on 6300+

David Maynard dpm at K.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
Mon Apr 4 15:19:57 AEST 1988

Can someone explain how I can increase the environment size available under
MSDOS 3.1 on the ATT 6300+?  I tried the /e: switch to command.com with both
/e:64 and /e:1024 (the pre-3.2 and post-3.2 specs for 1K of environment
space), and it didn't seem to have any effect.  The /e switch isn't
documented in the ATT manuals, but it isn't documented in most pre-3.2
manuals either.  I am running MSDOS without UNIX (the software I use wants a
full 640K and just isn't happy with the 492K that Simul-Task will give it).

Alternatively, does ATT have MSDOS 3.2 available for the 6300+?

Thanks in advance,

David Maynard (dpm at cs.cmu.edu)