The endless question about SYS V.3 for 3B15s

Steve Mitchell steve at redwood.UUCP
Thu Apr 14 03:22:47 AEST 1988

sadler at rocky.WISC.EDU (Jonathan Sadler) wrote:
#I know that people have asked this in the future, without any definate
#answer from AT&T, but IF THEY ARE LISTENING....
#
#     When can I expect to be able to get System V Release 3 for the
#     3B15?

Our sales rep says, "Now".

#	  I understand that this is necessary to get Version 2.1
#     of Wollingong's TCP/IP up and running.  Seeing that we have a
#     high interest in gettng RFS up, we need this code.

Don't know about that..

#
#If anyone at AT&T has any information on this, please don't leave us in
#the dark.  There are others out here in the real world that would like
#to get this software.

We recently received a folder containing AT&T's pitch for 3.1 for the
3b15.  We had already ordered everything in it from our rep, so it was
just a little late.  It says:

>    PE CODE             DESCRIPTION
>    -------             -----------
>    73718P              3B15 SVR 3.1.1 Upgrade Kit Promotion
>
>    Includes:
>    73718               3B15 SVR 3.1.1 Upgrade Kit
>    73504               SLIC Board  [I think that is the "SCSI Local Interface
>                                     Connector"]
>    73545               SCSI Patch Panel
>    73720               Power Control Interface & Display
>

>    Combined List Price: $21,300
>    Promotion Discount: 25%
>    Promotion List Price: $16,000

They also list "other AT&T 3B15 SVR 3.1.1 Product Enhancements", mostly
scsi stuff.  It then goes on to describe all the neat stuff 3.1.1 has..

--smitch

P.S. AT&T is calling this promo "Investment Plus".

--
Steve Mitchell  (steve at CSUFresno.edu)
CATI / CSU, Fresno / Fresno, CA  93740-0115 / (209) 294-2361