C compilers for the 3B2

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Wed Apr 20 09:46:12 AEST 1988

In article <2575 at mibte.UUCP>, twh at mibte.UUCP (Tim Hitchcock) writes:

< In article <552 at vsi.UUCP>, friedl at vsi.UUCP writes:
< > I just heard today that there is now a CPLU (C Programming Utilities)
< > 4.2, but I've no idea what it contains.  Has anybody heard of it?
< >

< The 4.2 C compiler  on the 3B2 can optimize code for faster performance.
< The code generated in many cases is noticeably faster than 4.1 generated code.
< Possibly 50% faster (NO PROMISES).

I called Ducommun today trying to track this down and they
can't get any info on it.  Does anybody know if AT&T is shipping
C Programming Utilities 4.2 (CPLU 4.2) and what the PEC is?  Also,
does AT&T generally offer upgrades to owners of CPLU 4.1?

--
Steve Friedl   V-Systems, Inc.  Wizard of undocumented 3B options
friedl at vsi.com    {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl   attmail!vsi!friedl