Signature of ATT 6300 graphics

Bill Pechter pechter at dasys1.UUCP
Sat Apr 16 23:27:51 AEST 1988

In article <682 at leah.Albany.Edu> rds95 at leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) writes:
>Yo,
>    I'm using Turbo C 1.5 to write some purportedly portable (!?)
>programs that include some graphics. My version of TC does not
>autodetect a PC6300Plus adapter/screen as being a 6300, but a cga, even
>though it does support drawing in 6300 mode when initialized

Unfortunately, not even Borland can figure out a way to autodetect the 6300
display.  I asked them the same question last month.  One way to do it
(a real kludge -- but it should work is to look for the copyright notice from
AT&T &/or Olivetti in the Bios Roms).  I may try to do this myself in the future
but I haven't tried it yet.

Before complaining about the problem -- the reason we've got the autodetect
difficulty is the extremely good cga emulation that Olivetti designed into the
M24/M25 machines.  Everything I've tried on the video installs for a CGA and
runs beautifully -- so I guess we should be glad for the small problem. :->

--
Bill Pechter          {sun!hoptoad,cmcl2!phri}!dasys1!pechter
Lakewood Microsystems, 103 Governors Road, Lakewood NJ 08701