gdb on 3b1 up and running

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.uucp
Thu Aug 11 12:49:29 AEST 1988

In article <833 at naucse.UUCP>, rrr at naucse.UUCP (Bob Rose ) wrote:
> How many of you what the diff's, any objections to posting them
> compressed and uuencoded (it saves about 25%)??

Yes, I object to compressing & uuencoding!  It doesn't save any space
where it counts: it takes *more* space.  News transfer between
machines is almost universally compressed (big exception is nntp).  If
you compress & uuencode something you post, particularly if it is
text, you'll take up about 25% or more space (try it out - compress
is better than compress|uuencode|compress).
--
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!uunet!utastro!bigtex!james     "Live Free or Die"
Home: 512-346-2444 Work: 328-0282; 110 Wild Basin Rd. Ste #230, Austin TX 78746