fsck deleted /etc/passwd on 3b2

narem-james at yale.UUCP narem-james at yale.UUCP
Fri Aug 26 06:16:27 AEST 1988

From: "James E. Narem Jr." <narem-james>

  Fsck deleted /etc/passwd on boot of my 3b2.  It now will not let
anyone login.  Is there anything else that can be done besides reload
unix?  I can get to the firmware monitor.  Optimally, I'd like some
sort of diskzap program that can run standalone, or some way of
trashing /etc/inittab so it will boot in single user.

        ..........jim (Narem at Yale.ARPA, decvax!yale!narem, Narem at YaleCS.BITNET)