Questions from a new user (SUMMARY)

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.UUCP
Sat Aug 13 01:29:00 AEST 1988

In article <5609 at ihlpf.ATT.COM> gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM (Stewart) writes:
>In article <318 at anumb.UUCP>, adh at anumb.UUCP (a.d.hay) writes:
>> actually, it's <esc>/string and ksh finds the most recent command
>> containing the string -anywhere- within it.
>
>Oh, and remember to tell 'im that successive presses of "/" and "cret"
>will give him the rest of the commands that contain the string.

Am I the only one losing interest in this discussion?  The behavior of
ksh under these circumstances is governed by that of either the EMACS
or vi editor commands, so whatever one needs to know can be gleaned from
the appropriate reference.  Further, in the case cited (which is true
only if one has ksh configured to use vi mode (which can be done by
setting the EDITOR environment variable to the path of the vi editor
on your system - and I think there's another way also)), you needn't
use "/<CR>" to get the indicated behavior.  Just use "n", as in vi!

Please - enough already!  :-)

--
Gary S. Trujillo			{ihnp4,linus,bbn,m2c}!spdcc!gnosys!gst
Somerville, Massachusetts		     {cirl,ima,stech,wjh12}!gnosys!gst