Boot problems on 3B1

Gary Grebus, DTN 293-5789, BXB2-2/G06 grebus at lando.dec.com
Tue Aug 23 02:43:00 AEST 1988

For what it's worth, I'm seeing a similar failure on my 7300, except that
it never boots.  The hard disk seems to power up ok.  The "lattice" pattern
on the screen, I attribute to the initial state of the video RAMS...no
CPU action to clear the screen.

A scope on the 68010 doesn't show any of the activity I would expect to see
(address strobe, etc)  Clock is present and the control signals look
reasonable, but I don't know enough about 68000's to tell for sure.
Anyone have any tips for troubleshooting (sans schematics, unfortunately).

Thanks for any help.

	/gary

	Gary Grebus
	grebus at lando.dec.com