Boot problems on 3B1

John C. Sucilla jcs at tarkus.UUCP
Thu Aug 18 10:52:43 AEST 1988

In article <3409 at vpk4.UUCP> hjespers at attcan.UUCP (Hans Jespersen) writes:
>In article <3127 at emory.uucp>, kim at emory.uucp (Kim Wallen {Psy}) writes:
>> This is probably the same thing others have been recently
>> describing, but suddenly my <1yr old 3B1 has trouble booting.
>Have you tried dropping your 3b1!!!! Notice no smiley face, that's
>because I'm serious. I know several people who have experienced similar

Yep, I've done that before.  Also a good swift rap on the case above
the location of the power supply will get it going again.

>it has something to do with the hard disk being reluctant to spin up
>to proper speed. The hot temperature or the on/off (spin up/spin down)
>solves the problem temporarily.

Nah.  It's that silly cheap power connector, not the disk. The *only*
really long term solution I've found is to open it up and clean and
lube the power connector.  You could solder it I guess but that would
make it a reall pain in the butt when it becomes time to fix the
power supply.

--
John "C". Sucilla,  A silicon based life form.
       {att,chinet,ddsw1}!tarkus!jcs