"sideways" for unix?

James E. Prior jep at ylwpig.UUCP
Wed Dec 14 11:06:45 AEST 1988

In article <565 at whizz.uucp> bbh at whizz.uucp (Bud Hovell) writes:
>Can anyone say if there is a program out there for unix machines which allows
>sideways printing of very wide docs (e.g. spreadsheets)?
>
>We have an ATT 3B1, os 3.51a, and a Panasonic 1080i.

If you can get your spreadsheet to output to a file, instead of directly to
the printer, it can be a simple matter of using the cut program.  It is
standard with UNIX.  That and some shell scripts should take care of your
problem.

If you truly want to print out sideways, then you will have to do a great deal
of work.