Hanging a 2nd disk off a 3b2-310?

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Sat Dec 24 00:28:32 AEST 1988

In article <7057 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> elias at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Doug Elias) writes:
>Has anyone successfully hung a 2nd ESDI (either 30M or 70M)
>drive off a 310 without recourse to an expansion-box?  If so,

	I believe you mean ST506, not ESDI.  Unless you have a non-standard
	controller on your 3b2.  Yes, you can get any PC Klone type
	hard disk that is 1024 cylinders - 8 heads or less, put it in a
	standard drive cabinet/power supply meant for PC's, run stock
	34 / 20 pin ribbon cables to the jacks in the back of the 3b2,
	set the drive selects properly and remove the internal drive
	terminator, use the DEVTOOLS diskette to init the external
	drive, and you are up and running.

--
Randy Suess                 * But don't underestimate raw, frothing,  *
randy at chinet.chi.il.us      * manic hardware.           -barry shein  *