KA9Q tcp/ip on 3b1 talking slip?

Clifford C. Skolnick ccs at lazlo.UUCP
Mon Dec 19 00:38:49 AEST 1988

In article <6894 at spool.cs.wisc.edu> sadler at speedy.cs.wisc.edu (Jon B. Sadler) writes:
>In <486 at gonzo.UUCP> daveb at gonzo.UUCP (Dave Brower) writes:
>the KA9Q source has indead been ported to the 3b1 succesfully, and has talked
>between two systems with no problems.  That was the .16 version ...

I have ported the .30 version to my 3b1 with about 5 hours of work.  Most
trying to figure out what to do, as opposed to actually writing the code.
I would say 30% was tweeking the makefile correctly, 30% trying to find
out how to do blksize() with blocks malloc()ed by the 3b1 malloc() routine, and
the remainder of time tracking down extern/static definition confilits that
stock AT&T compilers can take, but GnuCC can't.

>to run under System V.  The code has been written in a truly portible fashion,
except for multiple re-definitions of functions in regard to static/external.

>and is a joy to work with.
I agree.

>aware of any other sites that are offering the current version of the source
>code for uucp transfer.

If requested, I can place source and or executable on my system for
anynmous uucp.

--
Cliff Skolnick (ccs at lazlo)|  "You told me time makes it easy, then you never
Phone: (716) 427-8046     |   told me time stands still" - Gary Neuman