Adding 70M disks to 3b2

~XT4134000~Doug W. Barnes~C29~M18~7104~ dwb at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Thu Dec 15 00:21:21 AEST 1988

In article <6997 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> elias at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Doug Elias) writes:
>i'm trying to put a 72M micropolis on my 3b2 in place of
>the 30M original disk; all my attempts lead to "DISK SANITY
>ERROR", and the ATT service person thinks it may be the cabling...
>
>And howsabout hanging another 72M off the expansion-interface?
>Anybody done that who'd care to explain how?
>
>doug

You just can't hang a drive on a 3B2 and think that it will work.  For
one thing you will need the DEVTOOLS Utility to format the drive and to
put a sanity track on it.  To do this you will also need all of the
physical information about this disk to be able to tell DEVTOOLS what it
needs to format.

Doug Barnes