Second Hard Drive for UNIX-pc; HwNote10

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.UUCP
Sat Dec 31 15:00:07 AEST 1988

Awwww...c'mon John, put a smiley after that!

|>I'm glad to see the schematic you got worked ok.

Not without modification (those of you who may have "it").  Good thing I
have the schematics for the machine itself, because there are some real
gotchyas with what was printed.  Mainly has to do with the output of the
line receiver used for the first hard disk going to a couple of places.
You have to know exactly WHAT pin to lift (and in some cases, what to
move after you lift it).

|>Yeah, yeah, I've been slackin' lately. My design is now complete except for
|>some board layout details. Now for the grubby details...

I had no doubt that this would be the case soon!

|>There will, of course be a melt down disclamer :)

Of course...

I think an interesting addition to John's interface would be to PROVIDE the
P5.1 upgrade along with the board.  It would be interesting to see how many
agree.

A clarification (again) for the benefit of the net -- I was *not* trying to
outdo what John is currently working on.  His upgrade has much more (I can't
wait) than the one I installed (I didn't design the upgrade either, it was
due to John and a couple of others that got me where I am in the first place).

Sorry for the long clarification.

-------
Gil Kloepfer, Jr.          U-Net: {decuac,boulder,talcott,sbcs}!icus!limbic!gil
ICUS Software Systems      Voice: (516) 968-6860 [H]   (516) 746-2350 x219 [W]
P.O. Box 1                 Internet:  gil at icus.islp.ny.us
Islip Terrace, NY  11752   "Life's a ...  well, you know..."