3b1 Upgrade

Dave Arnold dave at arnold.UUCP
Mon Dec 12 15:49:16 AEST 1988

In article <97 at lazlo.UUCP>, ccs at lazlo.UUCP (Clifford C. Skolnick) writes:
> In article <8516 at alice.UUCP> wilber at alice.UUCP (Bob Wilber) writes:
> >... I'm not keen on removing the second fan in
> >order to poke kludgey connectors through the grate...
>
> Ok, how else can you get a cable to the second disk drive?  It's
> is going to have to look ugly.

Not necessarily.  There are other places to run cables besides through
a fan grate.

For instance, I have seen ribbon cable running through the cracks in
the back.

I vote for a good DB-3x connector.  We have some old Convergent
disk servers at work that have an old full height St-506 and 8"
floppy backup with a DB-3x(something) connector between the
workstation and the disk server.  I would like to see something
like this.  The connector could be installed between the fans.

I would like to put the daughter board where the internal
drive is, and put both hard drives in there own cabinet with
there own power supply.
--
Dave Arnold
dave at arnold.UUCP