3B2 mailing list; news groups

rja rja at edison.GE.COM
Sun Jan 24 03:44:48 AEST 1988

  My earlier posting (examining mv'ing unic-pc.* to comp.sys.att.pc) was
cross-posting between unic-pc.* and comp.sys.att.  Responses from my
earlier posting indicate that some unic-pc.* sites dislike/resent/fear/
whatever  the main USENET and fear editorial control.  I've never seen
any of same on USENET, but to each his own.  I now would like to put
forth a REVISED idea:  make a group comp.sys.att.pc and gateway unix-pc.*
into it.  That way UNIX-PC.* STILL EXISTS INDEPENDENT of regualr USENET
and will minimise cross-postings with comp.sys.att.  I cannot speak for other
users, but there is enough volume thru here where the keywords/subject
headers omit any 7300, UNIX-PC, 3B1 item that 'kill' files are not the
answer.  :-)
  However (sigh), I doubt anything will come of any of this.  I tried to
send mail to get on the 3b2 mailinglist but it bounced back to me.  If news
paths reach the keeper of that list please add me and/or give me another
address to try to get there.  What might happen is that users of the larger
AT&T machines cease to use comp.sys.att -- I hope not. :-)

              rja at edison.GE.COM