unix-pc.* newsgroups

Scott Hazen Mueller scott at zorch.UU.NET
Sun Jan 31 16:07:21 AEST 1988

In article <210 at teletron.UUCP> andrew at teletron.UUCP (Andrew Scott) writes:
|In article <1049 at bakerst.UUCP|, kathy at bakerst.UUCP (Kathy Vincent) writes:
|| These points have already been made by others, but I think they're
|| worth reiterating:
|| 	1.  You can always cross-post to comp.sys.att, and many
|| 	    people do.
|| 	2.  A lot of the people on the current unix-pc.* net
|| 	    do NOT have access to comp.sys.att and would lose
|| 	    their source of information if the unix-pc.* groups
|| 	    were swallowed by The Greater Usenet.

Anyone else notice taht these are mutually contradictory?  at least, in terms
of getting unix-pc articles to people whose sites don't get unix-pc?

>to management would be difficult.)  I'd love to see more UNIX pc information
>than we already do through comp.sys.att, and this would be a painless way
>to get it if posters remember to cross post.

I wouldn't count on the readers cross-posting, especially those at unix-pc-only
sites.  Rather, let me insert a plug for my own project:  I'm running a unix-pc
to mail gateway, with the ultimate goal of gatewaying unix-pc into
comp.sys.att.  To join the mailing list, send me email; enough readers and I'll
see about changing over to a unix-pc/Usenet gateway.

>	Andrew Scott		..alberta!teletron!andrew

      \scott
--
Scott Hazen Mueller   scott at zorch.UU.NET
(408) 245-9461        (pyramid|tolerant|uunet)!zorch!scott