How do you use shared libraries with curses routines?

Marc W. Howard cram at homxc.UUCP
Sat Jan 30 15:28:04 AEST 1988

	I'm using Eric Raymond's ccs command (thanx Eric!) to recompile my
programs using shared libraries.  The space savings is phenominal, esp. for
small (~ 20-50 K) programs.  However, I can't get any programs that use
the curses library to link properly.  If the curses library is included
then mucho redefine error messages occur.  If I leave out curses, multiple
missing function errors occur.  In either case, the link editor throws up
its hands in disgust and walks away.
	I assume that there is a way to fashion a local shared library.
But the only documentation for shared libraries that I have is a one page
doc. in section 4 of the UNIX manual (I'm using 3.5 BTW).
	If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

					Thanx,
--
					Marc W. Howard
					AT&T Bell Labs / AT&T Pixel Machines