patched uucico distributing

Robert J. Granvin rjg at sialis.mn.org
Thu Jan 28 14:12:49 AEST 1988

I'd email, but the original article is long expired ... :-)

While chatting with the hotline today, I asked them if there would be
any difficulties or problems if those of us who have the new patched
3b1 uucico redistribute it to people locally, rather than have all
those people call the hotline.  The response I was given was that AT&T
is not recording who has received the new uucico, and they have no
problem if you redistribute it yourself.  (It ends up saving them
time.  if you can send it to ten interested persons, that's ten less
that they have to deal with).

Of course, I really want to thank the hotline tech's (Hi Rolf!  Dunno
if read the net!  :-) that are extremely helpful, and especially those
that actually spend the time to help you.

The clerks on the other hand, I'm not so thrilled with.  A good number
of them could use some courtesy lessons, AT&T.  (As well as some decent
procedures on how to handle callers.)  Some minimum effort on their
part would greatly reduce the number of angry callers, and frustrated
users.  Me included.  No smilies here.)