IDT Unix PC wish list

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Fri Jul 22 15:01:27 AEST 1988

Hi,

Desire 1:  How about an EIA board (no RAM on it) that is
affordable.  I have several things with EIA outputs from which it
would be handy to do unattended data collection with my Unix PC.
The 0K RAM dual port EIA board that is genuine AT&T is going for
close to $400 these days.  I feel reluctant to spend that much, as
I recently added a two port generic Taiwan EIA board to by PC6300
DOS box for $30.  I'd be willing to shell out $200 for a four port
board.

Desire 2:  Any sort of reasonable tape drive.  It would be nice to
do the 67 meg drive in one pass.  Price negotiable.

Bill