varible name conflicts in news (due to 8char limit on some systems)

loci!clb loci at killer.UUCP
Mon Jul 11 04:42:40 AEST 1988

In article <1079 at flatline.UUCP>, erict at flatline.UUCP (j eric townsend) writes:

> [This is on unix.pc and comp.sys.att because many 3b1/7300 owners still
> use 3.0 w/ its 8char limit.]
>
> I was playing with a c preprocessor that converts all varible names
> in <=8character variblenames.  If there is a conflict, the cpp converts
> a conflicitng name to a crc'd name.

	There's a program in the "killer" unix-pc archives which can
	be used to check and fix this kind of problem. Called "cppp"
	it can be used on net programs. If you are interested in a copy
	of it, check killer!/bbsys4/sources/unix-pc/Index or let me
	know and I'll e-mail a copy.

--
			CLBrunow - KA5SOF
	Loci Products, POB 833846-131, Richardson, Texas 75083
	   clb at loci.uucp, loci at killer.uucp, loci at csccat.uucp