icon editor for unixpc

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.UUCP
Sat Jul 9 15:55:15 AEST 1988

In article <788 at rphroy.UUCP> tkacik at rphroy.UUCP (Tom Tkacik) writes:
>Does anybody know of a font editor, or icon editor that can be used to put
>rastor images in to a C program?
>
>I am in the process of writing the Mahjongg game for the UNIX PC, and
>am having just a little difficulty :-) in making the required tiles.
>I have designed them using Paint_Power, (and they look suprisingly good),
>but now I need to generate the C code for initializing the tile array.

You *AREN'T* gonna like this ...

There's a program I've heard of that does exactly this kind of thing, but
under DOS.  It's some kind of mouse-driven graphics editor that emits C code
to draw the picture.  In theory if you had a DOS machine you could port the
code, assuming you had translations for / implementations of the primitives.
They have a version for Metawindows and for Turbo C, Microsoft C, and a couple
of others.  The company is called Courseware Applications, Inc. 475 Devonshire
Drive, Champaign IL 61820, (217) 359-1878.  The product is called Drawbridge.
I saw an ad in Dr. Dobbs, I think, and sent for a flyer.  The flyer isn't very
helpful in deciding what the thing can really do.

This is more a "draw" program than a "paint" program -- i.e. it appears to be
object orient rather than straight bit-mapped, and of course the fact that it
runs under DOS is a pain in a tender place.  The version for MetaWindows costs
$129!  But the versions for Turbo C, etc. cost only $49.

Well, as I say, this probably won't help you, but I thought I would pass it
along.  Probably your best bet is to either find or crack the format for paint
power.

I know nothing about either the product or the company except what I read in
their flyer.
--
 Jim Rosenberg
     CIS: 71515,124                         decvax!idis! \