6386 - can't call other machines

Obrien reo at ihlpl.ATT.COM
Fri Jul 15 20:51:00 AEST 1988

I am running 386 Unix System V Release 3.1 with Simultask 386 on my 6386.
I can remotely log into my 6386; however, I can not "cu" or "uucp" out.
(I have uugetty running.)   Below are my system communications files,
and the response I get when I try to cu out.

My Systems, Devices, and Dialers:

Systems:
--------
mvuxn Any;5 DK,g 9600 uxn "" \d\r\c in:--in: nuucp word: PASSWORD
		(the system password went where PASSWORD is listed)

Devices:
--------
DK tty00,M - Any twoway - datakit \D
Direct tty00,M - Any twoway - datakit \D
DK DK 0 Any DK \D

Dialers:
--------
direct
twoway ""	"" \M\d\r\d\r\d\m
datakit ""	""\M\r\d\r\d\r TION:--TION: \m\D "" \d\d\r

	I set up the system by going thru the adm/peripherals setup
menu and went thru the serial port setup and set the device type to
computer.   When I then try to call up another machine, I received the
following message:

CLOCAL clear
gdial(datkit) called
expect: (""\M^M\d^M\d^M)
^M^J^M^JDESTINATION:

I am not able to enter anything at this point; in my systems file there is
a line that should connect directly to the other machine, but this does not
happen.  HELP!  What am I doing wrong!  Thanks in advance.

Bob O'Brien for
Greg Furman (8-245-4679, mvuxn!gdf)