Kernel rebuild 386 UNIX

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Sun Jul 31 04:47:52 AEST 1988

I am trying to install a Computone Intelliport AT-4 in an AT clone
running AT&T 386 UNIX.  The device drivers that come with the board
support only ubug, ISC, or SCO Xenix.  I'm quite sure that the ubug
driver will work because that driver has worked with this system
before I pitched it and got AT&T 386 UNIX.  I have gotten through
idcheck and idinstall by using my PC 6300 PLUS documentation (darned
near identical) but idbuild blows me away with

LINE: ip  Y    1  195    1  15    0    0    0    0
ERROR:  ipl out of range
FATAL ERROR:  Errors encounteres.  Configuration terminated.

I am pretty sure that it doesn't like interrupt vector 15 but I can not
find anything anywhere that lets me change it.  There's a header file,
/usr/include/sys/ipl.h that talks about something similar but it suggests
that it's there to allow the spl functions to correctly mask lower level
interrupts.  Also there doesn't appear to be anything out on the second
interrupt controller, SPLTTY, the highest number is 7.

Has anyone successfully installed a Computone Intelliport board under
AT&T 386 UNIX (Computone hasn't...)?  Has anyone raised IPLHI beyond 8
where it is now?  I'd sure like to hear about it if you have.  Thanks,
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att-cb,rutgers,uunet!bigtex}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM