Gcc 1.24 won't make: can anyone help?

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Tue Jul 12 13:16:53 AEST 1988

In article <1069 at umbc3.UMD.EDU> alex at umbc3.UMD.EDU (Alex S. Crain) writes:
]In article <435 at kosman.UUCP> kevin at kosman.UUCP (that's me!!!) writes:
]>I got 1.22 from acornc, and a shar from the unix-pc net that said it would
]>make for the 3b1.  This was so far gone that I just ignored it.
]>
]>So I got the patches from acornc to bring it up to 1.24, and linked and
]>edited all the things that the INSTALL file suggested.  I installed the
]>uuencoded cpp from the unix-pc net, and had another go.
]
]	gcc-1.24 gave me segmentation faults, although it compiled ok. I'm
]going to get a fresh distribution and rebuild, but I suspect that 1.24 has
]problems. 1.23 definately had bugs, 1.24 was supposed to fix them all, but
]may have missed on or two.

I can't get it to compile.  What am I missing????

]
]	1.22 is very stable, and you should use that if you can. 1.24 intrduces

This was also impossible.  The stuff that came through on unix-pc.whatever
telling how to make it said DONT TOUCH -- but then left us without a config.h
and so on -- that's what I mean by being so far gone (see above quote).
So, does someone know how to make a stable release, anywhere from 1.22 to 1.24??

]sdb support which doesn't work, and a few others. I don't exepect another real
]stable distribution till 1.26, given the current state of things.
]
]BTW: the obstack.h problems are due cpp defining __STDC__. You can't undefine
]it, but you can edit the #ifdef in obstack.h.

All this does NOT give me warm fuzzy feelings.  Anyone out there who can do
better?