3b2/300 or 3b1 ----> I PREFER 3B1 BY A LONG SHOT!!

Captain Neptune mark at cogent.UUCP
Thu Jul 14 03:21:10 AEST 1988

In article <279 at jackson.UUCP> egranthm at jackson.UUCP (Ewan Grantham) writes:
>Have recently been looking at trying to acquire a 3b1 system when a
>local vendor contacted me with a 'deal' on a 3b2/300. The 3b2/300
>comes with 1 meg ram, 30 meg HD, and Unix V.3
>
>Since the price of the system is $2350, I'm wondering if this is a better
>deal than the 3b1. Is the 3b2/300 better supported by AT&T? Will I be able
>to do more with it?

We had a 3B2/300 in our office for quite a while.  We eventually returned
the piece of junk because it was excruciatingly slow - as long as 30 minutes
to comile a fairly large program!

I'd prefer my 3B1 (actually made by Convergent) over any of the boat anchors
that AT&T made (i.e. 3B2, 3Bwhatever)

Incidentally, I've seen benchmarks where the 3B2s and 3B5s came in at
the bottom of the whole bunch, including $-per-performance ratings.
--
Mark Steven Jeghers                               "No reward for resistance,
Cogent Software Solutions                          no assistance,