7300 software

Warren Harrison warren at psu-cs.UUCP
Fri Jul 1 17:27:27 AEST 1988

I have been thinking about buying one of those fire sale 7300s, but have
a few questions that maybe some of you 7300 owners could answer.  First,
is tehre currently software commercially available for it?  I know that
in the past there was a PL/I, COBOL (?), etc. compiler available, but has
Language Technology discontinued them?  Also, do the binaries created on
the 7300 run on any other type of machine (besides the 3b1) and vice-versa?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Warren Harrison
Portland State University
{ucbvax,decvax,allegra}!tektronix!psu-cs!warren