ph questions (why pulse-dial mode?)

Mike "Ford" Ditto ford at elgar.UUCP
Mon Jul 4 16:01:58 AEST 1988

In article <521 at bacchus> darren at bacchus (Darren Friedlein) writes:
>I replaced ph with .phclr recently and now my UNIXpc will only dial out
>in pulse.

I wrote a program like stty but which displays/edits the phone
parameters; I run it from a script in /etc/daemons/.  But a quicky
solution that I used on the machines at work when I didn't have my
program on the system is this:

	echo 'phndef+5e/W 6' | adb -w /unix /dev/kmem

(or, for ph0:
	echo 'phndef+2c/W 6' | adb -w /unix /dev/kmem
)

Create a file called /etc/daemons/dtmf (chmod +x) and put the above
line(s) in it.  Run it by hand if you don't feel like rebooting for
it to take effect.

					-=] Ford [=-

"Once there were parking lots,		(In Real Life:  Mike Ditto)
now it's a peaceful oasis.		ford at elgar.cts.com
This was a Pizza Hut,			...!sdcsvax!crash!elgar!ford
now it's all covered with daisies." -- Talking Heads