3b1 67meg drive, self-parking?

Robert J. Granvin rjg at sialis.mn.org
Fri Jul 1 14:12:46 AEST 1988

>Here's a question I keep forgetting to ask; is the 67meg
>drive self parking?  I vaguely recall seeing a brochure
>for the Miniscribe drives that seemed to say something
>to that effect.  ?

Whether it does or not, the ATT documentation states in more than one
place, that you should boot up the diagnostics disk and use the park
heads option whenever you are going to move a machine.  It doesn't (if
I recall correctly) really talk too much about parking before a power
down, but I would imagine it wouldn't be bad practice.

--
"I've been trying for some time to                           Robert J. Granvin
 develop a life-style that doesn't          National Information Systems, Inc.