3b1 67meg drive, self-parking?

Bob Ames bob at rush.cts.com
Mon Jul 4 04:11:26 AEST 1988

In article <606 at sialis.mn.org>, rjg at sialis.mn.org (Robert J. Granvin) writes:
> >Here's a question I keep forgetting to ask; is the 67meg
> >drive self parking?  I vaguely recall seeing a brochure
> >for the Miniscribe drives that seemed to say something
> >to that effect.  ?
>
> Whether it does or not, the ATT documentation states in more than one
> place, that you should boot up the diagnostics disk and use the park
> heads option whenever you are going to move a machine.  It doesn't (if
> I recall correctly) really talk too much about parking before a power
> down, but I would imagine it wouldn't be bad practice.

The addendum to the 3.51 System Software guide (extra 6 or 7 papers) states
that if you have a disk that originally came in a 3B1, (NOT 7300!) your
hard disk does not need to be parked.

Bob Ames      INET: bob at rush.cts.com

Howard Publications, Inc.   Bell: 208-733-0931
UUCP: {rutgers!ucsd, nosc, hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!rush!bob
"I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!"

"We each pay a fabulous price - for our visions of paradise." - N Peart 1987