Does anybody know anything about PMX/Term from AT&T?

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.UUCP
Fri Jul 8 06:32:30 AEST 1988

In article <1094 at nusdhub.UUCP> rwhite at nusdhub.UUCP (Robert C. White Jr.) writes:

>The unpleasant issue of the day, STARLAN OSI protocols!
>
>THINGS YOU WILL LOOSE:
>3B1 Connections (by omission, no word as to the future?)
  ^^^
Thanks for the input - I raised the issue because I had reached the same
conclusion from looking at the descriptions of the new products.  The
AT&T sales people that I deal with were unable (or unwilling) to give
an answer about a 3B1 version for OSI.

>The 386 software and hardware is far superrior for use on the STARLAN
>and STARLAN 10 networks.
>As far as the 3B1 are concerned, the best answer I have gotten on that
>is "that hardware is no longer supported."
>
>Oh well.....

At the same meeting where the 3B1 issue was brought up, I asked the
AT&T sales people why I should buy their 6386 machine as opposed to
the many others on the market.  Their answer: "Well, you want to buy
from a company that is going to be around to support it's equipment,
don't you?"

>Disclaimer:  This is my research, not "official" AT&T party line;
>	The first, however, is damn close to the second.

Anyone have an "official" reply?

  Les Mikesell