3b1 3.0 HDB problems w/ killing current LCK files of other procs

j eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Mon Jul 11 13:42:07 AEST 1988

We've (my company) had HDB on several machines on and off, and we found
an old copy of HDB that we got with some loaner/development equipment.
So, having heard how *great* and *wonderful* HDB is on a 3b1, I decided to
try it out.  It does just fine, unless you're using the OBM (dunno
about tty000) to talk to something else.  uucico just blows away the
LCK file and drives on.  This is the output from Uutry:

---stuff deleted---
Internal caller type PC7300
Using pc7300 caller (dev=ph1)
File exists: link(/usr/spool/uucp/LTMP.375, /usr/spool/uucp/LCK..ph1)
ulockf file /usr/spool/uucp/LCK..ph1
kill pid (65), returned -1--ok to remove lock file (/usr/spool/uucp/LCK..ph1)
acu - /dev/ph1, error 16 on offhook, is line plugged in?Internal caller type PC7300
Using pc7300 caller (dev=ph1)
acu - /dev/ph1, set interface PC7300
processdev: calling setdevcfg(uucico, ACU)
---and so on---

Anybody know a quick solution?  If not, it's back to the stock,
nasty uucp for me.   (And I was enjoying HDB *sooo* much. :-)

Please, no requests for me to distribute my copy of HDB.  I know we
are allowed to use it, but I do not know if it is legal for me to
redistribute it.  I have heard that it is available from THE STORE,
but I am not sure.  Anyone from AT&T know for sure?
--
Skate UNIX or go home, boogie boy...
     [Obscure joke goes here]