Info about the AT&T 620 terminal

mike bergknoff berg at sdencore.UUCP
Wed Jun 29 04:42:01 AEST 1988

>From: csg at pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst)
>*SIGH* What I find "sorry" is people who review a product without even having
>- There are only two computer vendors in the whole world that support layers:
>  AT&T and Pyramid. Anywhere else, you have to start from source and install
>  it yourself.

I won't state what I find "sorry" about this posting except to note that
Encores UMAX V for the Multimax supports layers. Encores implementation
is unique in that when connecting to the Multimax from an Annex terminal server
via the "call" command, the xt driver actually runs inside the Annex. When
connecting to the Multimax via the Annex "rlogin" or "telnet" protocols,
the xt driver runs on the Multimax as an in-kernel line discipline multiplexing
the pseudo tty connection.