3 1/2" on the 7300

Richard Foulk richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 13 22:37:54 AEST 1988

}If he doubled the amount of cylinders as in says in his article (see above
}quoted section) that means you will get double the space... about 720K.
}
}-Lenny
}
}BTW: You have to realize that 3.5" disks cost about twice as much as 5.25"
}     ones... so you'll get twice the space at twice the costs... One wonders
}     how much savings that is.. (Other than you sanity for inserting and
}     removing disks)

Reducing the pain of backing the system up is what it's all about.
I'm still waiting for an affordable tape system.  But a simple
doubling of diskette capacity is real tempting.

Also, I think 3.5" disks have been found to be more reliable.

Some time back someone posted an article about having installed a
3.5" drive on their unixpc and explained all about, including the
configuration files.  Perhaps someone could pull it out of the
archives and repost it.

Richard