6300+: more internal disks?

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.UUCP
Thu Jun 30 10:11:47 AEST 1988

In article <269 at stc-auts.UUCP>, kak at stc-auts.UUCP (Kris Kugel) writes:
> I figure that the reason to have "short" slots is to let you
> put something in the space not taken up by the extended bus
> connector.  sound reasonable?  So does this mean that you can
> add, say, a full-height drive in the plus without removing
> the floppy drive (or the default half-height)?
>
> If you can't, what is the purpose of making the slots "short"?

No.

There are no "short slots" in the AT&T PC 6300PLUS.  All of the
expansion slots in the machine will accept full-length cards.  There
is no way to install a full-height disk in the PC 6300PLUS and still
have room for any other disk device.  I use an external enclosure
with space for two full-height disks, and I put two half-height
floppy drives in the system unit.

--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		The Man in the Mooney