TeX for the 3b1

Harvard Townsend harv at ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu
Sat Jun 25 00:39:43 AEST 1988

In article <207 at jhereg.Jhereg.MN.ORG>, mark at jhereg.Jhereg.MN.ORG (Mark H. Colburn) writes:
> A while back, someone was offering a complete version of TeX which had
> been ported to the 3b1.  If my memory serves, this included a
> previewer and a bunch of printers supported, including Epsons,
> Imagewriters, etc.  I would be grateful for any information about
> this.

This is available from the u3g (University System V User's Group) toolchest
on the 3 hub machines (including hub.cs.uiuc.edu).  The tool name is ctex.
I have also put it on one of our machines for anonymous FTP.  Machine name
is hotel.cis.ksu.edu (129.130.10.12).  The files are in pub/toolchest/ctex.
They are in compressed cpio format, taking up about 3 Meg.  Source is
included, along with the previewer.
--
Harvard Townsend, Systems Manager
CIS Dept., Kansas State University
CSNET:	harv at harris.cis.ksu.edu      BITNET: harv at ksuvax1.bitnet
UUCP:   {ihnp4,cbatt,dcdwest}!ncr-sd!ncrwic!ksuvax1!harv