GNU C, GNU g++ & 2400 baud microcom

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc3.UMD.EDU
Sat Jun 18 01:26:29 AEST 1988

>I will be getting a newer version of gcc and putting together the diffs
>needed for the Unix PC.  I'll let the world know when it's ready.

	Its ready. I found the bugs in 1.22 and fixed them, and sent the fixes
off to mit today, so hopefully 1.23 will install itself. The fixes were small
(a dozen lines or so) and localized (1 typo, and a mod to the switch table
code), so the chances of a smooth build are very high with the new veersion.

	Note that gcc will require gnu-cpp to compile, as the code breaks the
3b1 /lib/cpp. Also note that sdb is not supported in any way (but adb works
just fine :-))

	I can supply a uuenoded cpp and/or the diffs to make 1.22 work if
anyone is interested, I will post them it the demand is high enough.

--
					:alex.

nerwin!alex at umbc3.umd.edu
alex at umbc3.umd.edu